Here are some of them in no particular order of seriousness (*note* I'm posting these fears as a kind of writing exercise/therapy session; please don't feel like you have to comment and tell me that my fears are unfounded. I know most of them probably are, but I feel like putting them in writing will help me to deal with them.):
- Everyone else will be better writers than I am and they'll wonder why I'm even there.
- My roommate won't like me.
- I'll have to hang out by myself the entire time.
- My teachers will won't like my writing/my genre.
- Everyone else will be really skinny and won't want to eat Ben & Jerry's ice cream with me.
- My shuttle doesn't show up and I have no way to get from Burlington to Montpelier.
- My luggage gets lost and I end up wearing the same outfit the entire time I'm there.
That being written, I'm so excited to go. I'm excited to go to New England for the first time, to learn from authors who are publishing right now, to become a better writer. And hopefully to make new writing friends.