2010 was good. It had a lot of downs (which resulted in more crazy bread eating than I'd like to admit), but it had a surprising number of ups.
For example "ups":
- TSH came home from Afghanistan safe and sound.
- I went back to my new favorite town, Port Townsend, WA, with my mom for my 2nd Artfest.
- I started teaching creative writing for community ed. in January and it blossomed into something I never would have imagined possible. In just a year!
- I went to Maui with my BFF and swam with sea turtle. Oh, and I started writing the Maui romance. Wait for it...I promise, it's going to be good.
- I started and finished the rough draft of my YA historical-fantasy-adventure novel and started on revisions.
- I went to 2 writing conferences this year (both with my BFF) and I spent 4 fabulous days with Sara Zarr at WIFYR (which I'm going to again this year! Yay!) and was complimented on my glasses at the Heart of the West conference by Victorial Dahl (who writes really awesome and pretty hot historical and contemporary romances).
- Oh! I met (and kind of stalked, but not scary stalking) Bree Despain and she gave Amy and I ARCs of The Lost Saint.
- I didn't get into grad school (which started the entire eating entirely too much crazy bread episodes), but it really was for the best because TSH just barely found a job in December.
See! So many good things and there are probably more that I'll think of as soon as I click "Publish Post."
But, as I said, I am so super-excited about 2011. And why? Because I have a plan, Stan! Okay, more of a goal, but still, it's a biggy for me. It's big. And fun. And scary. Come over here and I'll whisper it to you.
Ha! No I'm not. I'm going to shout it!
2011 IS THE YEAR THAT I WILL FINISH THE SILVER WHEEL (formerly known as Robinella) AND ACTIVELY SUBMIT IT FOR PUBLICATION!
Was that a little too loud? I'm sorry. It's just that I am so excited about it!
I have other goals too, like finishing my NaNoNovel before too long and writing the first draft of my dystopian novel. But the submitting goal...that's huge and scary! And I'm so excited! (I know; I've probably used far too many exclamation points in this post, but I'm so excited!)
So...what about you, my friends? What are your big plans for 2011? Come on. I know you have at least one. You can tell me.