Friday, May 23, 2008

So tired...

I've been so tired lately, that I find myself falling asleep when I shouldn't be. A little over a week ago, I was sitting at the front of the classroom reading The Glass Menagerie with my students, and I found myself starting to doze off as they were reading. I've found myself on several occassions recently where I've almost been asleep at my desk. One day I kept nodding off while my students were quietly reading and I was grading papers.

And then there is the silliness that comes with the tiredness. An example was last night. I was lying down on the couch talking to the husband about how ornery Buddy had been earlier. And the next thing I knew, I was talking about having too many ice cream cones and the husband is laughing at me.

And now here I am, trying to write this post, and I'm okay for a few minutes but then I close my eyes. And I'm asleep at the computer.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

yes, one of the nasty side effects of being both nine months pregnant and a working mom of 2. both lead to extreme fatigue, so being both at once is a killer! I remember when I was working during my first pregnancy I was a receptionist and I would fall asleep waiting for the phone to ring at work. it was horrid. I hope you have the baby this weekend so you don't have to go back to work Tuesday!!!

orangemily said...

Wow, you do keep yourself pretty busy!