Thursday, August 6, 2009

I need a cool new idea for my blog...

I'm currently reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell. I started two hours ago and I'm already on page 76. I didn't even watch Scrubs so I could keep reading it (okay, I did watch the episodes that were on at 8:00 and 8:30 on Comedy Central, but I did not watch the episodes that were on at 10:00 and 10:30 on channel 14, because they were reruns I'd seen over and over again. In fact, I think I've seen the same ones already this week).


I'm a little jealous of Ms. Powell. I want a cool idea for my blog that will make people want to keep coming back for more and then I can write a book which is then turned into a major motion picture. I could keep doing ARBPTWPMYTU, but so many people keep saying that they like my bad poems that I'm beginning to doubt my understanding of "good poetry". I don't think I'll do food, because I don't think many people want to read about all of the stuff I make from the Weight Watchers' cookbooks. Author and columnist Ann Cannon already has the market on a blog about writing and what she eats every day. (If you haven't read her column in the Deseret News, you have to! It's hilarious, she's hilarious, and I might even start subscribing to the Deseret News so I can read it. Well, probably not. I'll just keep going over to my parents' house to read it. We subscribed to the newspaper once, and the stacks of papers that needed to go to the recycling bin just became unbearable. I don't think I could do that again.)

So, back to the beginning, I need a cool new gimmick for my blog. Here are some ideas, just off the top of my head:

The Crazed Rantings of a High School English Teacher (Just in case you didn't get enough rantings from crazed people with their own shows on news networks who for some reason have a huge following)

What I Read Today (which could be potentially interesting, but also could be very boring if you really don't want to read about fluffy romance novels or poorly written papers)

A Daily Dose of Wisdom From Scrubs (hmm, I like that idea; I could even make it more broad and just say "A Daily Dose of Wisdom From Sitcoms" so I have an even better excuse to watch Friends, Fraser, and Will and Grace)

A Daily Dose of Crazy From Daytime Soaps (this could be a "don't-do-this" blog inspired by my recent obsession with The Bold and The Beautiful)

What do you, my dear readers, think? Perhaps it could be a combination of all four? I'm kind of liking that idea.

Do you have any other suggestions?

4 comments:

HeidiPie said...

I like #1 and #2 of your ideas.

Annj said...

i am not much help I don't blog about much except when we actually get out of our house and do something but I have been enjoying your poems. I say write about all things that make you happy. I like when you show your artsy side.

Heather said...

Hehehe, isnt it crazy how the world of blogging has so captured us, even inspiring a film??? And to think, a few years ago we would have all said "blog? What the heck is a blog?"

Andria said...

All right then, I'll just keep on keeping on the way I have then, with a little bit of 1 and 2 for Heidi thrown in!