Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So, I'm going here....


I received an unexpected call last Tuesday from the program director for the MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults at Vermont College of Fine Arts.
The faculty liked my writing. They accepted my application into the program.
I'm going to Vermont in July.
Wow.
Some feelings:
Excited.
Surprised.
Unsure.
Afraid.
Extremely grateful.
But afraid.
There are so many things I want to say, but I'm going to leave them for another day. (Hey, that rhymed. Maybe that's why they accepted me into the program...)

8 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Vermont?! That's like, next door to me! (except that I don't have a car, so probably won't make it to your house- but you can come to mine!) Congratulations!!

Liza said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful news, and you will love Vermont!

Renae said...

Super Congratulations! That college has launched several of our favorite Utah authors - as I'm sure you know.
If your blog is an example of your writing, I can see why you were accepted!

How long will you be in that BEautiFUL state?

VERY proud of you! =)

HeidiPie said...

Yay! That's pretty exciting.

amanda jolley said...

Squeal! How very extraordinarily awesome.

Alyosha said...

Fabulous! They're going to love you!

orangemily said...

Awesome! I'm so excited for you!

Heather said...

I know I'm a bit late, but congratulations! I remember when you commented on my blog that you were applying! You're going to love it. I'll see you there :)