Friday, October 18, 2013

I tried it from a cookbook!

Yes. I cooked. And the recipe DID NOT come from Pinterest (huge surprise, I know!). Instead it came from CrazySexyKitchen by Kris Carr.


I don't do a lot of cooking, and I'm definitely not vegan or a vegetarian, but I have been wanting to add more veggies and fruits to my diet, so I when I read about this book, I quickly put it on hold at the library.

When Sunday looked like this

I thought it was the perfect moment to try the Coconut and Red Lentils soup recipe. It took a lot longer than I thought it would to prepare it but it was SO worth it! (FYI, I love curry and coconut and ginger, so if you're ever trying to impress me at dinner, you might want to experiment with those.)

Here are some pics from my adventures in cooking (sorry, I'm not going to include the recipe here; I know other bloggers might, but this is Ms. Carr's intellectual property, and, as a writer, I feel uncomfortable giving away her hard work; I bet you can find the book at your local library though...).




And the piece de resistance: (drumroll, please)


And, the best part of this soup, my boys are extremely picky eaters (although I made them each try a spoonful) and my husband doesn't like leftovers, so I have TONS of soup left over for me! Woohoo! I've put them in separate Ziploc containers and I took some to work this week as well as put some more in the freezer. So when I'm feeling a little under the weather, I can pull this delicious concoction out, heat it up, and enjoy. 

So, do you have a favorite easy-ish soup recipe you'd like to share? 

No comments: