Wednesday, August 13, 2008

To the Wives of Home Teachers and Elders Quorum Presidents...

Please do not let your husbands do their home teaching and other "visiting" of members after 8 o'clock at night. I am already in my jammies and I have to put on some clothes that are fit to be seen by gentleman callers when they come to my door. I wouldn't have opened the door, but I'm pretty sure they heard my kids yelling, "Who is it, Mommy? Can I open the door?" and then the giggling.

But I did appreciate them coming by, because now they know that the husband is gone (I guess the fact that he hasn't been coming to church for almost a month escaped their notice), and now I have someone around who might be willing to do some heavy lifting, not that I'm planning on it, mind you. Of course I do have 5 strong brothers who could do some heavy lifting for me if I needed it as well. But 7 strong men are better than 5, right?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I totally agree!!!! We've had our bishop show up at 9:30. 9:30!!!! Go home to your wives and children already!

AND that's lame that your home teachers didn't know your husband was leaving. They apparently aren't very good home teachers.

orangemily said...

Crazy!