Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hope is the thing with feathers




Hope. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I've been hoping and wishing and dreaming the last few months. And doing a little work as well. And hope just keeps creeping up behind me, pecking at my heels, and telling me to keep on keeping on.


This is a page I did for a circle journal I am involved in. The theme was "birds" and I was supposed to use a bird image or a quote about birds. And my English major brain immediately turned to the poem by Emily Dickinson which begins "Hope is the thing with feathers." (Yes, the poem in my last post was inspired by her poem as well.)


Hope, in this piece, is perching on a branch (yep, that is a real stick) and with the feather and bird charm attached to it with eye pins. I love this piece! I hope the person it goes to will love it as well. And, now, that I think about it, I think I make make a larger piece that includes this line. And that one I WILL keep for myself. Unless, I guess, someone else really needs some hope.


4 comments:

amanda said...

This is beautiful, Andria! Now to read the rest of the poem...

Nicole said...

I'm sensing a theme here. Perhaps 2010 is your year of Hope! I think you need to add reminders of hope all over your house!!!!

I still have something for you....how is it that we now live so close and yet is sometimes still feels so far away? I hate the "busy-ness" of life but don't know how to get away from it!

Heather said...

what a beautiful page~ you did a lovely job

SophistiKate said...

I like it. A Lot :)