Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Fat Tuesday: Standing in the Checkout Line

A couple of weeks ago, I was standing in the checkout line at Evil*Mart and started reading the magazine covers. Here are a few:

"Look Good in Cozy Clothes" 
(Isn't the point of wearing cozy clothes being comfortable? And, you know, warm?"

"How They Did It: Half Their Size!"
(You know I'm going to open this magazine and it's just going to tell me all about their amazing diet and how they walked a little more. I always get sucked into these kinds of stories. And I'm always disappointed.)

"Improve Your Diet"
(Okay, maybe this one isn't so bad. But, still, it feels like all the magazine covers are against me!)

"Get An Insane Body: It's Hard, But You'll Look Hot!"
(Yep, that's what matters, seventeen year old girls: Looking hot! *growls*)


"Hollywood's Secret Diets: Get Thin Fast"
(Because losing weight quickly has always helped me before!)

"Outsmart the Over-40 Hidden Fat Trigger To Lose 1 LB Every Day!"
(This is another one that I get sucked into every time. Of course there's a hidden fat trigger! That is the only reason I'm fat. Because of that darn hidden fat trigger!)

"Lose 20 LBS in two weeks on the DUKE DIET DOCTOR'S LAST-CHANCE DIET!"
(Wait, this is a doctor's diet? I might have to go back for this one...)

Sorry this is so blurry. I was afraid that the Evil*Mart security was going to tackle me.
"The Bikini Body Plan"
(I already have a bikini body...just nobody's gonna be wanting to see it.)

I was getting, not surprisingly, very irritated by the many, many covers that touted hot bodies and losing 50 pounds a month. 

But, I decided not to get mad. Instead, I decided to think of other headlines for magazines. 

Like...

"Enjoy Wearing Whatever You Want When You Want!"

What do you think? What would you like to see on the cover of a magazine? Tell me in the comments!  

3 comments:

orangemily said...

Healthy "No-Brainer" quick and easy recipes that use ingredients I already have AND taste good!

Unknown said...

how about more cover stories on feel-good exercises? Rather than get "ripped," get euphoric!

Alyosha said...

What reat gets me is the Seventeen cover. Get an insane body is right under the story of a girl with an eating disorder. Face palm.