Thursday, June 26, 2008

Orlando, Woo-Hoo!


Well, I wasn't super-excited to go to Orlando (I don't know why; I think there's something wrong with my brain), but I am so glad now that I went. I learned some cool stuff at the conference from Dr. Paul Nussbaum and Harry Wong and the people from MetaMetrics and Scholastic Read 180 that I'm excited to take back to my classroom next year. I also had a lot of fun at Univeral Studios Orlando and Walt Disney World. I got to sleep in the most comfortable bed ever at The Dolphin Resort at Walt Disney World without the baby waking me up in the middle of the night. I had the chance to get to know some of the teachers I work with better and came away with more respect and admiration for them and what they do. And I laughed a lot! It felt so good to laugh like that and to just feel like a normal person again.


That's probably the reason that I'm happiest that I went; I feel like myself again. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but I feel like I'm the person I was before I got pregnant last year. I've felt rather out of sorts since then because I was sick and uncomfortable and tired. And then when I wasn't pregnant anymore, I was Mom all day long, which I'm not used to. I guess it was just nice to interact with just adults for 5 days and remember what I'm like when my life is more than just feeding the children and changing diapers.


Okay, I plan on writing more about the actual trip soon, so stay tuned for all the juicy details. Well, maybe not all of them. After all, what happens in Orlando stays in Orlando.


2 comments:

Nicole said...

so you're saying that there is actually more to life than feeding kids and changing diapers? because if you are just teasing me about this one and i find out that feeding kids and changing diapers REALLY is all there is....then I'll have to hurt you very badly for getting my hopes up!

orangemily said...

Sounds like so much fun, I'm very jealous!