Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Make that to-do list!

It's the new year. Time to make new lists full of fine resolutions. And then...don't complete them.

Want a list that you can actually get done? Here's "The To-Do List You Can Actually Do" from this month's issue of Real Simple magazine.

  • Hit snooze.
  • Shampoo; rinse; repeat.
  • Forget to floss.
  • Eat a bagel.
  • Forget to put laundry in the dryer. Clothes can be permanently pressed (whatever that means) tomorrow.
  • Screen phone calls.
  • See mailman coming and realize Netflix and bills are still on the kitchen counter.
  • Get sucked into movie on Lifetime.
  • Grow anxious as Meredith Baxter (Birney?) murders the dad from 7th Heaven.
  • Put off remaining duties while reading celebrity gossip.
  • Decide for yourself "Who Wore it Best?"
  • Skip Pilates.
  • Eat a burrito.
  • Pick up The World Is Flat on the nightstand.
  • Read paragraph. Put book down.
  • Leave eye makeup on.
  • Lights out.

Ha ha! I'm going to cut this one out and laminate it. But I think I need to add, "Check blog to see if anyone made any comments," and "Check Facebook to see if I have any new friends."

If you happen to be at the store and you see Real Simple, pick it up for a minute and read "Lists of Legends" on page 102. Very funny.

3 comments:

HeidiPie said...

I actually have this magazine in my house, I got a subscription to it for my b-day. I haven't read it yet for this month so thanks for sharing. That is full of things I can remember to do/or not to do.

Nicole said...

Okay, the funinest part is that there is right now in my dryer a load of laundry that I have literally done 4 times! I left it in the dryer overnight and it wrinkled so I threw it back in the washer to re-wet it. Then forgot about it until the next day. So I ran it through ANOTHER rise cycle. And forgot it again. After yet ANOTHER rinse cycle to wet them YET AGAIN I put them in the dryer....where they still sit. Wrinkled. HA!

Bonnie said...

Now this is MY kind of list!!