Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Cure, Perhaps?

I went to my doctor yesterday. I don't know how much weight I gained (I forgot to ask), but I've only grown a centimeter in 2 weeks! Yay! Maybe this baby won't be Gigantor! I asked my doctor if there was anything I could take for the nights that I can't sleep and he said I can take Unisom or Benadryll. I then asked if it was okay for me to keep taking the cough syrup he prescribed for me (I had read something online about it, and I wanted to make sure) and he said that it was fine to keep taking. Then I asked him if there are other people who end up with eterna-cough when they're pregnant. He said I was not the only one and that a lot of times it's caused by acid reflux, which I can take Pepcid AC or Zantac for! So, the next time you see me, I might not be coughing like a lifelong smoker! Another Yay!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

well that kind of information would've been helpful TWO KIDS AGO! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! (and honey, you've never had a gigantor baby before...try my two 9 pounders on for size. ah!)

Andria said...

I know I've never had a gigantor baby before and that's what I'm worried about! This one keeps getting bigger and bigger, but I'm glad that he didn't grow as much this last time. 7 lbs would be perfect!

orangemily said...

Yay for less coughing!
I'm having eternal runny nose with this pregnancy. What these cute little babies put us through before they're even born!