There was an article in the Teen Impact magazine about the Top Ten Worst Excuses for Not Doing Homework. I had my students read it and then they wrote their own top ten excuses. They didn't have to write about homework; they could write about anything. After I gave the assignment, I decided to require myself to do it too. So here are my Top Ten Worst Excuses for Not Doing the Dishes.
10. I decided to save the planet by not using our precious water resources.
9. I saw something moving in the sink.
8. I thought doing the dishes was your job.
7. I told myself, "When Law and Order is over, I'll do the dishes," but after Law and Order there was Law and Order: CI and Law and Order: SVU, and Law and Order was never over!
6. I couldn't wash dishes and text my BFF at the same time.
5. I want to buy some new dishes, so I saw no point in washing the old ones.
4. What's the point of doing dishes? They'll just get dirty again.
3. I'm waiting for the producers of Wife Swap to pick me for an episode so someone else has to do the dishes.
2. I'm allergic to dishes.
1. I couldn't do th dishes because I was too busy doing my homework.