Friday, April 18, 2008

Top Ten Worst Excuses For Not Doing the Dishes

There was an article in the Teen Impact magazine about the Top Ten Worst Excuses for Not Doing Homework. I had my students read it and then they wrote their own top ten excuses. They didn't have to write about homework; they could write about anything. After I gave the assignment, I decided to require myself to do it too. So here are my Top Ten Worst Excuses for Not Doing the Dishes.

10. I decided to save the planet by not using our precious water resources.

9. I saw something moving in the sink.

8. I thought doing the dishes was your job.

7. I told myself, "When Law and Order is over, I'll do the dishes," but after Law and Order there was Law and Order: CI and Law and Order: SVU, and Law and Order was never over!

6. I couldn't wash dishes and text my BFF at the same time.

5. I want to buy some new dishes, so I saw no point in washing the old ones.

4. What's the point of doing dishes? They'll just get dirty again.

3. I'm waiting for the producers of Wife Swap to pick me for an episode so someone else has to do the dishes.

2. I'm allergic to dishes.

1. I couldn't do th dishes because I was too busy doing my homework.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Laughing out Loud!!!! VERY Loud!!! #5 is the reason my carpet looks so bad. I want new carpet so I keep saying there is no reason to clean the old stuff. HA. Great list! I'm going to print it and hang it on the fridge.

Andria said...

I know! What's the point of cleaning something when you can just get it new?

HeidiPie said...

I love your list! That's awesome!

Tony and Whitney said...

Laughing so hard! That is hysterical! Love it!

orangemily said...

I love this!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of excuses, you could totally try disposable plates so you NEVER have to do the dishes again!!! muhahahahaha!! lol
Love your list, hilarious stuff
;)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Totaly awesome dudes but did u no that u missed out the 'e' on the last excuse lol bbfn

(BTW BBFN stands for Bye Bye For Now)